Kryomek > Kryomek

Kryomek Bases Ideas

<< < (3/3)

MrSpaceman:
I just found that the Dreadball hex bases (I have a few) are 25mm. Pretty lightweight, but might be OK for the Alpha Helions. Mantic do 24 for £3: http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/dreadball/accessories/product/mantic-hex-bases-bundle-24.html

Still tempted to do this with the Helions on hex bases... Perhaps this year!?  :P

katie:
Have to say, having played this and also needing to get a ton more of the Helions (to build out enough Kryomek points to allow the Humans to have interesting forces), individually basing them is a pain.

One of the authors of "Pikeman's Lament" bases his 17th century figures in groups (units are 6 or 12) of 3s 2s and singles, so casualties can be taken out while not making the movement phases take ages. I'm starting to think something similar would work better for Helion groups; a 3, 2 and a single base cuts the movement time in half and the actual figures are interchangeable anyway.

MrSpaceman:
That is a great idea. I guess a selection of configurations. Some in twos:
(assuming hex bases, with faces at 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10 o'clock)

* 2 o'clock/8 o'clock
* 3 o'clock/9 o'clock
* 10 o'clock/4 o'clockBut what about the threes? I'll have to give this a bit of thought...

MrSpaceman:
The coils are aligning and the diman is opening....

... I've got a set of custom cut 25mm hex bases in 1s, 2s and [3 varieties of] 3s and I've started prepping some of the alpha helions for mounting.  I've mounted the first helion of 3 helion groups.  I would share the WIP photos, but they're on my phone (which I've left at home).  I was too excited not to post something on the internet somewhere about this.

I've also got some 40mm hexes for warrior and 50mm hexes for warmasters.  Hopefully, I should have some kryomek based and ready for paint very soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version