Kryomek > Kryomek

Kryomek Bases Ideas

(1/3) > >>

MrSpaceman:
I've got a burning question about what bases are suitable for the different Kryomek miniatures.  I've been wondering about this for a while, on and off.  Mainly because I was thinking of starting a Kryomek collection again and get some games going down at one of the clubs here in Cambridge.  I had a decent collection once, but it got lost (it got left in the drama cupboard at school and 'disappeared' ... so many years ago!..).  Back then I didn't really base my minis, but I think I would like to. I'm highly impressed with what Bagpuss has done.

So the rulebooks depict Helions on hex bases.  What hex bases are 'compatible' with these minis?.. i.e. without much alteration, if any at all.  I'm thinking these 30mm hex bases might be pretty good: http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/MINIAATURES_BASES.html  ... but what's the max. length of the Helion mini bases?

Also, Warriors I guess would be good on large-ish circular bases (and Talos) and Warmasters on even larger circular bases.  Maybe the 40mm and 50mm bases from the same page.

This is all theoretical, so it'd be nice to hear from someone with a practical perspective.

Seba:
I you would base them on round bases, I think I got some hex bases, so I can check it for you.

Cheers
Seba

katie:
Hey another player in Cambridge!!!

I play at http://cambridgecitygames.proboards.com/ -- we're in Chesterton on Mondays.

MrSpaceman:
Another club in Cambridge.  My wife's not going to think that's funny.  Do you ever play Kryomek?

MrSpaceman:

--- Quote from: Seba on May 02, 2016, 08:55:58 AM ---I you would base them on round bases, I think I got some hex bases, so I can check it for you.

Cheers
Seba

--- End quote ---

Just to make clear my motivation for the hex bases: from the core rulebook here's an image...(attached)

The Helions would best do with 25mm hex bases, the Warriors could have larger ones.  Warriors might be better (practically) on round bases, but Kryomek should be hexes, it's Kryomek chic!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version