Scotia Grendel Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Viridian Strike Team  (Read 7174 times)

stone cold lead

• stone cold lead figure painting
Viridian Strike Team
« on: August 22, 2016, 11:46:26 AM »

Thought I'd show my Viridian strike team that I've been slowly adding to recently. Most of these models were originally painted back in the day so 2004 to 2006 before I got distracted by other things. I also painted a lot of models for UM that are still used in the web store. Earlier this year someone on the Lead Adventure Forum mentioned Urban War, a little discussion followed and I dug out my old models to show. The bug bit me and I ended up painting up a new marine to see if I could match my old paint jobs. That led to me doing some retouching of the old paint jobs and everything got rebased. I added the HMG team too for a bit of support.

So far I've got 4 marines, sergeant (I'm using a veteran model as sgt.), sniper, HMG team, a saurian rider and a mortar team that's almost finished. The saurian is there just because it's an impressive model.

I've got plans to add some additional bits and pieces, a team of shock marines, interdicts and special forces. I've also got a Lt. Johnny G that I'd like to convert a little and if I ever get around to picking up a Dremel then a few more conversions might get done. Like I say, my mortar team is almost done and then I was going to tackle the shock marines as I think I've got an idea for a colour scheme for them. However, with the mortar it might be useful to add a special forces guy to act as spotter, so plans might change a little.

Seba

• Administrator
Re: Viridian Strike Team
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 07:30:08 AM »

AWESOME!!!   :)

Cheers
Seba

stone cold lead

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 09:30:18 PM »

Mortar team done and I thought a group pic was in order at last.

Gives me about 250 points worth of stuff bare minimum so I could bump up some CAL ratings and make 300 points easy.

MrSpaceman

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 10:40:22 PM »

I like how you've edged the metal plate in metallic to look like wear and tear... I might try that!  Overall these look top!

stone cold lead

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 09:06:45 AM »

I like how you've edged the metal plate in metallic to look like wear and tear... I might try that!  Overall these look top!

Cheers  :)

I've been working on a shock marine recently. This is one of the earlier sculpts but with the head of a later sculpt.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 09:08:17 AM by stone cold lead »