Scotia Grendel Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Rules questions  (Read 8662 times)

katie

Rules questions
« on: November 08, 2016, 10:54:42 AM »

Woohoo!! We finally got in our first game of this. Chris ate all the humans...

We did come across some rules questions...

• When you're shooting indirectly, can you shoot over buildings? The rules only say you can shoot over friendly figures. I ruled yes, because it was funnier watching a big mean Kryomek hiding behind an oil refinery hoofing sporeballs over it...
  • I can't find the rules for panic moves -- it says there's an initial panic move of 100mm, but it I can't see anything about what phase 2 moves look like. We went with the 100mm move but must move towards the friendly edge.
  • When you deviate a shaped template, is it supposed to be oriented with the tail pointing at the shooter? We decided yes, but I can't actually see that in the rules..(It sort of makes sense that a bursting sporeball explodes along its current path.
  • Is it the case that "under fire" doesn't have any effect on shooting?
  • Is it the case that the target moving doesn't have any effect on shooting, only whether the shooter moves?

Is it really supposed to be hard to kill Helions with recoilless rifles? I was blazing away at them and failing to do much; Gauss rifles were way more effective in the end. This might just have been my shocking dice rolls (Roll four D20s! two 3s and two 4s...)

And we think we need more marker tokens so I'm going to design some.

MrSpaceman

Re: Rules questions
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 08:42:12 PM »

8)

I'll have to come down to your club at some point and pester you for a game.

kiou

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 04:18:25 PM »

Hello

fighting against Kryomek hordes from France ... but don't play for 2 years  :'(

1.When you're shooting indirectly, can you shoot over buildings?
YES too. We decide that it's more difficult to shoot a hidden target, and more difficult to shoot a target that already never has been in line of sight, for the indirect shooter. So in the next scenario, some vicious kryomeks move forward, avoiding avoiding few lines of sight. Very fun.

3.When you deviate a shaped template, is it supposed to be oriented with the tail pointing at the shooter?
YES.

4.Is it the case that "under fire" doesn't have any effect on shooting?
YES. "under fire" unit is pinned, and needs a motivation counter. But unit still can shoot.

katie

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 08:37:27 PM »

"I'll have to come down to your club at some point and pester you for a game."

Do!!

We also have other miniatures games on the go; FoW, a few of us are working on Team Yankee armies, Fantasy Warriors, Hammerin' Iron.

Plus boardgames of all sorts of vintages.

MrSpaceman

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 08:44:42 PM »

Short notice, but I have a free Monday on Monday (9th Jan).  Are you up for some Kryomek action?  I can bring 1 Talos, 1 Cyclo and 1 Kryomek Warrior (all I have left of my collection!).

The next Monday I have free is 13th Feb, but it might not be free for long as it's just before my birthday, so my wife might want to plan something.  Then I might be able to make it down after my German evening class finishes, which will be April 3rd, all going well.

katie

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 01:01:27 PM »

January was a write-off for me with work getting in the way.

Feb 13 we could schedule some Kryomek; We've done Kryo/SWAT, it might be time to try Kryo/Marines if I can find enough (half are still on the painting table).

In the meantime, I've produced a new reference sheet;

https://www.fysh.org/~katie/wargames/downloads/kryo/KryomekBigResolutionTable.pdf

MrSpaceman

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 10:24:24 PM »

January was a write-off for me with work getting in the way.

Feb 13 we could schedule some Kryomek; We've done Kryo/SWAT, it might be time to try Kryo/Marines if I can find enough (half are still on the painting table).

Ah, sorry, only just seen this. Shall we have a game in April, perhaps. I will have finished my evening class by then!

katie

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 08:43:44 PM »

You should probably join the club forum at http://cambridgecitygames.proboards.com/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 09:08:40 PM by katie »

MrSpaceman

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 08:14:58 PM »

Done.  Done a while ago actually, so I've been approved, etc.  Having a look at the boards now.

April 10 sound good for some Kryomek, perhaps?  I'll raise it on the club board.